Top 10 Finalists:
- eON Indoor Air Quality Sensor
- UV Glow-In-The-Dark Laser Displays
- Volumetric Display using Acoustically Trapped Ball
- Holographic Wavefront Cylindrical Display
- India Navi
- Infrared Mirror
- VVD: an open source Real 3D Volumetric Display
- EMOJO Mental Health Chatbot
- Stereo Ninja
- AR Glasses
Read more on Hackaday.com
Entry Period 7:01 a.m. P.D.T on May 18, 2021 - 07:00 a.m. P.D.T on June 14, 2021.
Finalists Announced 6/21
Experiment with new display technologies or refresh older ones to help people communicate better or more effectively.
Whether it’s six feet or six miles apart, displays are how we express ourselves, communicate, and interact with the virtual world. For this first challenge, we want you to experiment with new display technologies, repurpose or refresh older ones, and redefine how displays connect us to the technology we know and love. Your designs for this challenge should repurpose display technologies to communicate with others more effectively.
This could look like:
- Leverage various technologies to create unique displays (LEDs, POV, e-Ink, etc.)
- Portable and low-power display solutions for the field
- New approaches to UI and visual communication
- Create eye-friendly displays without the need for filters or glasses