Top 10 Finalists:
- Open Concentrating PV Solar Tracker Controller
- Energy Independence While Travelling
- Kite Propulsion
- Sun Chaser 2
- 3D Printed Portable Wind Turbine
- Moss Microbial Fuel Cell
- Printon Turbine – 3D printed Pelton turbine
Entry Period 7:01 a.m. P.D.T on March 29, 2022 - 07:00 a.m. P.D.T on May 1, 2022.
Finalists Announced on or around 5/16
Your solution should lower the cost of clean energy, through energy harvesting and/or storage efficiency improvements.
Clean energy is a powerful way to combat climate change and reduce emissions, but it comes with its own challenges, specifically the cost of building and installing facilities like wind or solar farms. For this challenge, we want you to focus on minimizing the costs around building and installing clean energy solutions. This extends to the way energy is stored as well, to maximize the efficiency of the entire infrastructure.
This could look like:
- MPPT circuits for solar setups
- Battery arrays with charging monitors
- DIY wind or water power generating systems