Update! This contest is now over - See the contest log below for info about the winners!
Our 10th anniversary Trinket Pro boards have been wildly popular at the Hackaday Store. So much so that the original run of 500 sold out in just a few weeks. Thankfully, Adafruit has agreed to do a run of Hackaday.io branded Trinket Pro boards, which are now in stock. We've been having fun with the boards as well – so much so that we've decided to run an entire contest around the Trinket Pro.
Trinket Pro is an incredible platform for building tiny projects. Which is exactly why we've picked it for our next contest. We're looking for pocketable projects which you'd carry around with you every day. The projects should be useful, but we're taking a very broad definition of useful here. Anything from tools, to wearables, to jewelry and beyond will be acceptable for the contest.
See all of the contest entries on Trinket EDC Contest List.
Here are the guidelines:
- Pocketable: Projects should be something that will fit in a jeans pocket, and hopefully not bend. Think approximately Altoids tin sized.
- Battery powered: It just wouldn't do to have a mains cord hanging out of your pocket, now would it? AA, 9V, LiPo, or coin cell – your project needs to be powered by batteries.
- Trinket Pro: Your project has to use a Trinket Pro. This can be a Trinket Pro from our Hackaday Store, or a Trinket Pro directly from Adafruit.
- Documented on Hackaday.io: To be eligible, you have to document your project on Hackaday.io. You should include enough information for the average electronics hobbyist to replicate your project. At the minimum, we're looking for pictures, schematics, code, and at least one video.
Check out the prizes and the details down below, then get hacking! The contest starts RIGHT NOW, and The deadline is 12:00am on January 3, 2015!
First prize is a brand spankin' new Rigol DS1054Z scope.
Second prize is a Fluke 179 with a 6 piece industrial electronics tip kit
Third prize is a Hakko FX888D with a tip kit AND a Panavise 324 Electronic Work center.
The top 50 entrants will ALL get a custom T-shirt from the Hackaday store.But wait, there's more!
Hackaday.io is all about documenting projects as they're being developed. We're going to reward those who start documenting their projects early rather than waiting until the last minute. Each week we will hold a random drawing of all entrants who A: are entered, and B: have at least one project log with an image and 50 words for that week. The idea here is to deter folks from grabbing the giveaways with empty projects. Winners will get a special prize from The Hackaday Store.
Drawing Dates: 12/2/2014, 12/9/2014, 12/16/2014, 12/23/2014, 12/30/2014
- Entry deadline is 12:00am PDT on 1/3/2015
- Officially enter your project by using the drop-down "Submit-to" interface on the left sidebar of your project page
- Projects must include a Trinket Pro in one of the following forms:
- Projects must be documented on Hackaday.io
- Eligibility for weekly drawings requires at least 1 published project log.
- Eligibility for the top prizes requires at least 3 published project logs, and one video.
- Eligible projects will include enough documentation to allow an average hobbyist to replicate the project. In the event there is any question on this, Hackaday Staffers will make the final determination.
- Winners will be chosen by Hackaday staff, whose decisions are final. Any complaints about the decision process will be used to line the bird cage.
- Hackaday Staff, Employees of SupplyFrame, or family of either are not eligible to take part in this contest. They are still encouraged to build awesome stuff and show it off though.