This is a course where you will learn Linux and electronics using the Raspberry Pi.
This course is for those who want to go from Arduino to a Linux computer small enough to fit the project but greatly more powerful to fulfill the project's needs and don't know where to start.
We will go from flashing the SD to using a servo with the Pi.
This course is for those who had wanted to go from Arduino to a Linux computer small enough to fit the project but greatly more powerful to full fill the project's needs and don't know where to start.
- Class 1: The basic setup of the Raspberry Pi and explanation of the peripheral available (ports, GPIOs, and else).
- Class 2: Linux basics from "everything is a file" to oneliners.
- Class 3: Bash & Python scripting or how to make programs in the Raspberry Pi.
- Class 4: Program the GPIOs and connect electronics to the Raspberry Pi.
- 1 × Raspberry Pi 3 Kit https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Starter-Premium-Black/dp/B07BCC8PK7/
- 1 × Servo Motor SG90 https://www.amazon.com/Arduino-Servo-Motors-Walking-Control/dp/B07YRXWX72/ref=sr_1_24?dchild=1&keywords=servo&qid=1592340725&sr=8-24
- 1 × LCD I2C 16x2 https://www.amazon.com/KEYESTUDIO-Display-Arduino-Raspberry-Stm32/dp/B0177XQE7K/
- 1 × LEDs + Button + Breadboard + Jumpers Kit https://www.amazon.com/REXQualis-Electronics-Breadboard-Resistor-Raspberry/dp/B078XV3RK2/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=button+led+kit+raspberry+pi&qid=1592341523&sr=8-14
09/30/2020 at 16:39 •
In this class, we looked into various ways to connect to the Raspberry Pi (SSH and VNC), some basic, medium, and advanced commands for the Linux command line. Also, we touched on a practical example of "everything is a file", saw the Filesystem Hierarchy of Linux and practiced with permissions, and a bonus bash script example.
09/30/2020 at 16:31 •
In this class, we talked about what a Raspberry Pi is, what is Linux, electronics, the Raspbian OS, and how to flash it and install it.
09/18/2020 at 01:53 •
A couple of people have been having issues flashing the card, something i consider totally normal, even now I can suffer that process myself.
So here are 3 resources that can help:
Feel free to post any comments or questions in the discussion part of this project.