7 days ago •
Type loss [db/100m] Source RG-58 70.5 @ 1GHz AliExpress (€5.18/m) RG-142 42-50 @ 1GHz AliExpress (€8.03/m) RG-174 125 @ 1GHz RG-178 151 @ 1GHz RG-316 94 @ 1GHz
02/06/2020 at 20:22 •
VHF/2m/144MHz-band and UHF/70cm/440MHz-band
- Which BaoFeng Radio Should I Buy, Are There Better Options?!? | HAM Radio Crash Course!
- Handheld Radio Comparison & Review
- Yaesu HT Deep-Dive, which is the best?
- Top 7 accessories for Baofeng UV-5r ham radio
Baofeng UV-5R Baofeng BF-F8HP Yaesu FT-65 most popular
bad menu interface
AliExpress €22 (might be conterfeit)
3rd generation of UV-5R
AliExpress €30 (might be conterfeit)
Buy through Amazon links of HamRadioCrashCourse
Expand TX-range (here) outside the ham-bands.
seems to be an improved Baofeng UV5R (uses same chipset)
newer version of FT60
DIY programming cable
What can you do with it?
Satellites (if you attach a yagi antenna)
- When does the ISS pass overhead? (145.8MHz voice down-link from satellite)
- What amateur satellites are currently passing over?
Commercial FM stations
- NOAA weather satellites: better to use an RTL-SDR dongle and a circularly polarized antenna.
- NOAA weather bulletin : US territory only :-(
Marine VHF radio
- wikipedia : 69 channels, FM-voice, 25kHz channel spacing
PMR446 (€U), GMRS (U$ & Canada)
- Private Mobile Radio, 446MHz : "walkie talkie"
- license free (only using type accepted radios, which the Yaesu FT-65 and the Baofeng UV-5R are NOT)
- POCSAG (might be more easily implemented using an RTL-SDR)
- Relive the 90s with a Ham Radio Pager! POCSAG!
- 137.21250MHz S10-strength: Lenovo Thinkpad after Linux has fully booted.
12/25/2019 at 11:15 •
Vector network analyzer (VNA)
- NanoVNA a $50-$70 Ham Radio Antenna Analyzer? : 50kHz - 900MHz, more on HaD.
- MiniVNA: AliExpress (€272)
- Test Antenna Signal Pattern on the Cheap
RF impedance analyzer