MakerWorks is an innovation makerspace in the heart of the city. We are proud to be partners with Hackaday World Create Day, which is hosting a worldwide brainstorming session for the 2016 Hackaday Prize design concept challenge! Join teams from around the globe and submit ideas for projects that solve problems in categories from citizen science to assistive technologies, or anything else that leverages your hardware, coding, scientific, design and mechanical skills.
We'll be picking the most spectacular design solutions to share on the Hackaday front page, and there will be prizes. But we also want to celebrate the fun of getting together in person with all of the people who make Hackaday a part of their daily ritual, so share your photos and ideas with hashtag #WorldCreateDay!
Form a team (or work on your own) and submit a project to the Hackaday Prize design challenge.
See challenge details here: https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
Need some inspiration for your project? Here are some ideas:
- Citizen Science - Build a graphene supercapacitor, study the effects of a behavior, build an open source instrumentation device.
- Automation - Build a device that makes breakfast or buys laundry detergent when you’re running low. Automatically track stuff, automate any process, build a Me-robot to do your every whim.
- Assistive technologies - Build a project that helps others move better, see better, or live better. Whether that means exoskeletons, a better wheelchair, a braille display,or educational software, we want to see it.
- Or any other idea you have to hack for social change! Leverage your talent and find solutions to address technology issues facing humanity today.
- 12 pm: Introductions, meet n greet, eat some snacks
- 1 pm: Form teams, brainstorm and create your project proposals. See the other entries here: https://hackaday.io/submissions/prize2016/list
- 2 pm: Share ideas in a round of lightning pitches and get feedback from the other teams
- 3 pm: Submit your project ideas to the Hackaday Prize design challenge according to https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
- 4 pm: Wrap up and celebrate!
What to Bring:
- Your laptop and charger
- Pen and paper
- Some cool friends
- A brain ready to generate ideas