Create tech solutions for social change on Hackaday World Create Day, our worldwide brainstorming session for the 2016 Hackaday Prize design concept challenge! Join teams from around the globe and submit ideas for projects that solve problems in categories from citizen science to assistive technologies, or anything else that leverages your hardware, coding, scientific, design and mechanical skills.
We’ll be picking the most spectacular design solutions to share on the Hackaday front page, and there will be prizes. But we also want to celebrate the fun of getting together in person with all of the people who make Hackaday a part of their daily ritual, so share your photos and ideas with hashtag #WorldCreateDay!
Form a team (or work on your own) and submit a project to the Hackaday Prize design challenge.See challenge details here: https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
Need some inspiration for your project? Here are some ideas:
- Citizen Science - Build a graphene supercapacitor, study the effects of a behavior, build an open source instrumentation device.
- Automation - Build a device that makes breakfast or buys laundry detergent when you’re running low. Automatically track stuff, automate any process, build a Me-robot to do your every whim
- Assistive technologies - Build a project that helps others move better, see better, or live better. Whether that means exoskeletons, a better wheelchair, a braille display, or educational software, we want to see it.
- Or any other idea you have to hack for social change! Leverage your talent and find solutions to address technology issues facing humanity today.
Cranfield Specific Topics
- Tools to help maintainers deal more effectively with No Fault Found issues without increasing their cognitive burden
- Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing for revolutionary structures
- Unmanned Aircraft
Google Map link to meeting location Whittle Building(Building 52) Forum