WHO ARE WE?
We are a relatively newly-formed group (January 2012) of unlike-minded individuals, living around the Moray Firth - and further, who want to make their own or joint way with creative thinking, practical skills and new or old technology to make innovative objects and devices.
Right now, we are just over sixty
people strong with growing resources and nowhere to put them but we are
working on it. Our physical locations vary from Aberdeenshire to the
Black Isle and from Perth to Durness but if we have a centre of gravity
for the world map you could probably pin it in Forres at the moment.
Our cyberselves meet on Facebook as the T-Exchange.
To grow a self-sustaining, open, community group with space for:
- the exchange of ideas and concepts
- the sharing of knowledge, particularly scientific, technical and economic
- acquiring of both practical and theoretical skills
- briefings and workshops by specialists
- the stimulation of creative, even ingenious ideas
- facilitating experimental investigations through the provision of tools
- the design and prototyping of high added-value products
- stimulation of and support for entrepreneurial action
- a friendly, fun environment with lots of tea and coffee
i.e. Making challenging, interesting, if not always useful things.
We meet regularly every third Friday of the Month in the "Garden Room" of the Findhorn Village Centre in Findhorn near Forres. Doors open at 7pm to have time for setting things up before the more or less official start of our meeting at 7:30pm.
The STEAMIE hangout
You are invited to join us every first Friday of the Month between 10:00 and 11:00am in The Social Area of Horizon Scotland on Forres Enterprise Park for a hangout and get together without gadgets and tools but to share new ideas, discuss your projects and socialize about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, Innovation, Enterprise.
in case you were wondering,
The "T" stands for "Thinking", "Tenacity", "Technology", "Telecommunications", "Tools", "Talk", "Talent", "Tantrums" and the essential "Tea".
We aim to exchange all of these creatively.