11/16/2019 at 00:32 •
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Wrist form factor like Chaos Camp watch?
- SparkFun Artemis... software support not ready? talk to Owen?
- lessons learned: must have USB
- use a usb-to-serial?
- discussion with Nate and Michael and Drew:
- wristwatch with sparkfun artemis
- GPS, vibration motor, small IPS LCD
- supercon meeting
- maybe not use artemis
- wireless uC ideas: ESP32, Rigado... Nordic NRF52840
- do we really need wireless? if not, then STM32 or SAMD
- Nordic NRF52840 is well supported by adafruit
- GPS useful? not really since indoors... BLE beacons might be more practicle
- Idea: reuse the card10 design
- note: here is a way to use stock wristband watch stuff
- wristband from sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11734
- USB programmable (either builtin or usb-to-serial)
- Accel/IMU 6DoF of 3DoF
If throw on a 6dof e-compass we can get the magnetometer too:
- Arduino library compatible
- Display LCD or OLED - source from Digi Key? if from China, remember Chinese New Year
... or e-paper (Pervasive Display on DigiKey)
... flexible epaper?
- note: DOOM guy SAO has: High DPI ST7789 1.3" 240x240 LCD Screen
- ST7789 1.3" 240x240 LCD possible on DigiKey?
- V1.69bis standard SAO connector (have them on the wristband -- use flex?)
- LiPo from Sparkfun
- note: card10 has 200mAh
NICE TO HAVE:
- MicroPython or CircuitPython
- note: Python may drain power on the NRF52840 (ask tannewt)
- BLE that works
SUMMARY: Nordic 82540 might be the best choice
There is a module from Rigado that Andy Sowa has used:
- LCD 240x240
- Vibration motor
- watch strap / mount
01/04/2019 at 10:56 •
As you may know, KiCad is a very big part of CE. We use it in every design we showcase on the CE site. We’re hoping that some of you will decide to take your learnings and share them at KiCon 2019. We’re looking for speakers to give talks about how they are using KiCad in their jobs, businesses and schooling. Or just how you use it for fun! Please apply to give a talk here! There are no requirements on how advanced you are as a user, so talks could be something like, “My perspective on getting started in KiCad”.
Please also consider attending! We’ll also have the opportunity to give feedback to developers and help brainstorm what else is needed for KiCad. Not only that, but we’ll be able to interact with other KiCad users and share tips and tricks. We’re also planning a layout contest and other fun interactive activities.
Not able to make it? Please help spread the word about KiCon! (Example tweet here, though any promotion is appreciated) In return, we promise to record and share the talks from the conference so you can view them later.
And finally, if your company has the means, please consider supporting KiCon as a sponsor.
11/21/2018 at 17:29 •
Shared project by Rob Rehr (@mediumrehr) to connect Wii controllers to #badgelife add-on header: