WhatsApp, the messaging app used by every smartphone user which is owned by Facebook including lots of features in it. One of the basic features is Delete Messages that allows users to clear messages in order to free up space.
Have you ever deleted an important message accidentally, while clearing out the chat history? If yes then worry not I have mentioned some of the methods in this post that will help you to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android.
Method 1: Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android Using Google Drive
Well, this method is only possible if you have done the backup process of your WhatsApp data to Google Drive before deleting messages.
So, before knowing the actual steps to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android, let’s look over the process of backing up messages to Google drive.
Backup WhatsApp Data To Google Drive:
If you have already backed up your messages then skip these backup steps.
Otherwise, follow these steps to back up your WhatsApp Messages On Android:
- Firstly, open WhatsApp on your Android phone, and then click on three vertical lines present in the top right corner.
- Secondly, open Settings and click on the Chats option.
- On the Chats option, click on Chat Backup where you have to set the backup frequency that is Daily, Weekly, or Monthly as per your preference.
- Then on the backup option, you will be asked to choose if you want to backup data only on a Wi-Fi connection or not.
- Finally, click on Backup Over so that your data will be saved to Google Drive.
I know that no one wants to face such a problem. So, to avoid the dark side keep a backup of your data for further use.
Now come to the method of restoring backup messages from Google Drive:
- Firstly, uninstall WhatsApp.
- Secondly, reinstall WhatsApp using the same Google account and same phone number that was used for backup.
- After verifying your phone number, you will be asked to restore the data that has been backed up to your Google drive.
- Lastly, you will get all backed up WhatsApp messages from your drive.
The main problem arises when messages get removed from WhatsApp without any backup. In this case, you can move on to the second method.
Method 2: Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android Using Local Backup
If your chat history has been deleted and you have not done any backup process then also using this method you can Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android.
So, here the question arises how? Simply the answer is because WhatsApp creates its local backup in the phone’s internal or SD card storage once a day.
Now follow these steps to restore messages using local backup:
- First of all, open File Explorer.
- Secondly move to a folder named WhatsApp, there you will find a Database folder.
- After that rename msgstore.db.crypt12 to msgstore-latest.db.crypt12.
- Then rename msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Completion of renaming, uninstall WhatsApp
- Then click on the top left corner in the menu of Google drive.
- Click on the Backup option and delete the backed up file.
- After deleting reinstall the app.
- When asked for restoring data, click on Restore and get back the old deleted messages.
So, now if you have deleted messages accidentally then no need to worry. You can Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android using these above-mentioned methods.
We hope it was helpful for you.
Thank you for reading.