Hoping a real chemist can sniff-test this:
* This legit-seeming 2018 paper says some alchemical conjuration from coconut oil is The Most Amazing Bug Repellent: "Better than DEET Repellent Compounds Derived from Coconut Oil" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6145915/ . Better than DEET because it repels more kinds of blood-sucking bugs more effectively for longer with less disturbing side-effects.
* I haven't found any sign of retail available product beyond the USDA saying they've "filed a patent application for this new technology and is working with commercial companies to develop repellent formulas from coconut oil" https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2018/coconut-oil-compounds-repel-insects-better-than-deet/ . So maybe some day. Or I walked right past that aisle in CVS? [USDA does patents??]
* Google associates some of the reported words of alchemical conjuration with biodiesel: https://www.google.com/search?q=fatty+acid+methyl+esters
* So... coconut-flavor biodiesel is The Most Amazing Bug Repellent?
* Some .org that describes itself as a really great source that knows best claims to describe how to make really clean biodiesel, starting with "Start by making a small, 1-litre test batch" http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html#start .
Ok then, I'll get right on that...
What's wrong with this plan?ask