First test - 2016-01-24
Today I plugged my #Memtype into my PC for the first time. Here I will write some words about the first impressions/ideas. This page will get updated when i am doing further tests.
- Worked out of the box (Win7)
- Nice and user friendly menu structure
- causes blue screen when unplugging while it was writing
(only one time. I could not reproduce this, could have an other reason)
Ideas for Improvements ( all meant constructive and not negative)
- case! This could be much more handy with a case. So that you can put it on your key ring and carry it with you.
- For testing this PCB USB plug is okay, I would replace it in a production run.
- use right footprint for the ATtiny
- use QFN ATtiny - this would be thinner and better to put in case
- LED maybe dual color to indicate power/locked/unlocked
So far to my first impression of Memetype. the next thing I will do is testing the mttoll software. And store some real data on it.