Shirts are now shipping!
We are finally starting to ship the shirts. The United States addresses are being shipped starting today and we'll move onto International shipments as soon as we work our way through those. Oh, and there will be stickers too (of course)!
Actual print example:
Behold, the final design for the Sci-Fi contest shirt... I love it! I'm always looking for T-shirts that I would actually wear in public and this really hits the spot!
6/30/14 - First off, sorry for the lack of updates. Great news, after much head-scratching about how to get the beautiful artwork to look nice on a garment the problem has been solved. CustomInk sent us the test print shown at the top of this page and we may have the shirts delivered as early as July 1st! I will update as soon as we start packaging shipments.
6/9/14 - We put in the order for shirts on 6/4/14. CustomInk is printing them and warned us that the image may not look very good with 4-color printing. We don't want to send out crappy shirts so we've asked for a sample to see what it looks like. Once we've got the quality dialed in the orders will be printed, shipped to us, and then we'll ship them to you. Thanks for your continued patience. This is going to be worth it!
5/29/14 - We are waiting for the stragglers to get their sizes and addresses to us. The cut-off date is 6/2/14 at which point we'll put in a production order. Shipping will most likely not happen until two weeks after that date. Thanks for your continued patience!
Sci-Fi Novel Suggetions:
We asked you to recommend some newer science fiction for our reading list. Here are the responses we've received so far:
- Nexus and Crux by Ramez Namm are awesome...Ancillary justice by Ann Leckie was good too
- Metro 2033
- Are you sure you've read *all* the good older stuff, lol? Julie Czerneda's Web Shifters series is awesome, and I didn't hear about it until well after it was published. The first one is called Beholder's Eye, and is well worth a read.
- If you haven't read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, you should. Oculus Rift recommends their new employees to read it. It is a dystopian Sci-Fi VR book.
- This is not a novel, but I believe any sci-fi enthusiast would be interested in the works of Eric laithwaite and Alex jones (strange stuff)...
- read the futurist manifest by adolfo natalini :)
- Tbqh there hasn't been a recent novel that comes anywhere close to matching the depth, excitement, or intrigue of what E.L. James has been putting out in the last few years
- The Killing Star or anything by Stanislaw Lem. (start with Return from the Stars, and keep going)
- Handmaids Tale - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handmaids_tale
- Only Forward - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Forward
- Arabesk Trilogy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabesk_trilogy
- Philip K.Dick ROCKS !
- I'm not really into books but love the canadian show "continuum" - which you already have seen, I guess..
- The Honor Harrington series are great military (naval) sci-fi books.