[EDIT: I didn't have the form configured right and folks couldn't access the questions. That has been fixed, so try the link again!]
We're headed back for #NeuroBytes EMC testing next week (unintentional radiator) and the chamber requires a 2-hour minimum reservation. If you have a project that you are considering commercializing, I'll run a pre-test scan for you FOR FREE! Some requirements:
- I prefer to only work with open source projects, and I want to share the results publicly. EMC testing is expensive and mysterious (at least for hobbyists), and building a public record of known-good / tested boards would be a great thing for the community.
- Time is short. We are looking at Friday, February 16th, at 8AM in Minneapolis, MN. So you need to be ready to ship your project to me NOW.
- I will need you to provide a self-addressed and postmarked envelope for return shipment.
- Tests sweep from 30 MHz to 1 GHz. Standard unintentional radiator stuff. That means no radios -- ESP32, ESP8266, Bluetooth, Wifi, etc. Sorry folks.
- Your project needs to set up and tear down quickly. As in, I plug it in (or insert batteries) and put it in the chamber, and we go. 5 minutes max.
- This is just a pre-test -- you'll get a report but it won't give you certification.
If you're interested, fill out this Google Form and we'll start the conversation. Again, time is of the essence here.