WORK IN PROGRESS
- Wrist form factor like Chaos Camp watch?
- SparkFun Artemis... software support not ready? talk to Owen?
- lessons learned: must have USB
- use a usb-to-serial?
- discussion with Nate and Michael and Drew:
- wristwatch with sparkfun artemis
- GPS, vibration motor, small IPS LCD
- supercon meeting
- maybe not use artemis
- wireless uC ideas: ESP32, Rigado... Nordic NRF52840
- do we really need wireless? if not, then STM32 or SAMD
- Nordic NRF52840 is well supported by adafruit
- GPS useful? not really since indoors... BLE beacons might be more practicle
- Idea: reuse the card10 design
- note: here is a way to use stock wristband watch stuff
- wristband from sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11734
- USB programmable (either builtin or usb-to-serial)
- Accel/IMU 6DoF of 3DoF
If throw on a 6dof e-compass we can get the magnetometer too:
- Arduino library compatible
- Display LCD or OLED - source from Digi Key? if from China, remember Chinese New Year
... or e-paper (Pervasive Display on DigiKey)
... flexible epaper?
- note: DOOM guy SAO has: High DPI ST7789 1.3" 240x240 LCD Screen
- ST7789 1.3" 240x240 LCD possible on DigiKey?
- V1.69bis standard SAO connector (have them on the wristband -- use flex?)
- LiPo from Sparkfun
- note: card10 has 200mAh
NICE TO HAVE:
- MicroPython or CircuitPython
- note: Python may drain power on the NRF52840 (ask tannewt)
- BLE that works
SUMMARY: Nordic 82540 might be the best choice
There is a module from Rigado that Andy Sowa has used:
- LCD 240x240
- Vibration motor
- watch strap / mount