VHF/2m/144MHz-band and UHF/70cm/440MHz-band
- Which BaoFeng Radio Should I Buy, Are There Better Options?!? | HAM Radio Crash Course!
- Handheld Radio Comparison & Review
- Yaesu HT Deep-Dive, which is the best?
- Top 7 accessories for Baofeng UV-5r ham radio
bad menu interface
AliExpress €22 (might be conterfeit)
|3rd generation of UV-5R|
AliExpress €30 (might be conterfeit)
Expand TX-range (here) outside the ham-bands.
seems to be an improved Baofeng UV5R (uses same chipset)
newer version of FT60
DIY programming cable
What can you do with it?
- When does it pass overhead? (145.8MHz voice downlink from satellite)
Commercial FM stations
- NOAA weather satellites: better to use an RTL-SDR dongle and a circularly polarized antenna.
- NOAA weather bulletin : US territory only :-(
Marine VHF radio
PMR446 (€U), GMRS (U$ & Canada)
- Private Mobile Radio, 446MHz : "walkie talkie"
- license free (only using type accepted radios)
- POCSAG (might be more easily implemented using an RTL-SDR)
- Relive the 90s with a Ham Radio Pager! POCSAG!