Arduino Open Source Hardware Platform
Arduino is an open source hardware platform for making interactive objects that can sense and control the physical world. Since 2005, a worldwide community of "makers" has flocked to this open source platform and Atmel microcontrollers have been there from the beginning, providing simple but powerful MCUs as the "hardware" in the platform. Artists, designers, inventors, engineers, musicians and even school children can use Arduino boards designed around Atmel® AVR® or Atmel ǀ SMART ARM®-based MCUs to turn their ideas into working reality.
- Atmel, Arduino, and the Maker community
- Learn how to work with Atmel AVR & Arduino
- Read the latest on Arduino projects
- Read the latest news on the Maker Movement
- Read what Young Makers are creating with Arduino
- Arduino Home Page
- Atmel @ Maker Faire Videos
- We are Makers Videos
Atmel® AVR® MCUs
With a unique combination of performance, power efficiency and design flexibility, Atmel®'s 8- and 32-bit AVR® MCUs deliver ease-of-use, low-power consumption and extremely high-levels of integration. Atmel's AVR MCUs complement the Atmel®|Smart portfolio of MCUs and MPUs, and are optimized to help designers bring their products faster to market. AVR MCUs offer the industry's most code-efficient architecture for C and assembly programming along with more computing performance and better power efficiency.
- Simple yet Powerful – SimplyAVR
- AVR Resource Center
- AVR Portfolio Overview
- Starter Guide for AVR MCUs
- Get Started with AVR Evaluation Kits
- Get help from the AVR Freaks Community
- SimplyAVR Design Contest Videos
- AVR MCU Solution Videos
Atmel®│SMART ARM®-based MCUs
Atmel® | SMART ARM®-based products deliver the platform for intelligent, connected devices in the era of IoT, wireless and energy efficiency. These solutions include embedded processing and connectivity—as well as software and tools, designed to make development faster and more cost-effective to bring the best-in-class products to market. Atmel | SMART MCUs combine powerful 32-bit ARM cores with industry-leading low-power technology and intelligent peripherals.
- Why Atmel ǀ SMART?
- ARM Flash-based MCUs
- ARM-based MPUs
- Atmel ǀ SMART Resource center
- Atmel ǀ SMART Portfolio
- AVR ease-of-use on a Cortex®-M0+ core - SAM D MCUs
- Push the Performance and Power Boundaries with SAMA5 MPUs
- Get started with Atmel ǀ SMART Evaluation Kits
- Read the latest on Atmel ǀ SMART news
- Atmel ǀ SMART ARM-based MCU Videos
Atmel® Wireless Solutions
Atmel® offers a family of low power Systems-On-Chip (SoC) bringing Wi-Fi connectivity to any embedded design. Whether they take the form of a SoC or a certified module, Atmel Wi-Fi solutions offer the ideal solutions for embedded designers seeking to integrate Wi-Fi connectivity in their system. This opens the door of the Internet of Things to the vast array of battery powered devices and applications requiring the integration of WLAN connectivity without compromising on cost and power consumption.
- Single-chip wireless solutions with 802.15.4
- SoC solution with 802.11 b/g/n
- Read how partners are connecting Atmel products to the Cloud
- Zigbee Light Link Solution Video
Ecosystem Made Easy
Atmel provides a unique integrated development platform that offers advanced features, an extensive software ecosystem, and powerful debug integration all for free. Plus, all our products run in the same software ecosystem, so there's no need to switch between different IDEs when using Atmel solutions. From the project examples in the Atmel Studio 6 IDE to our easy-to-use evaluation kits, you'll have the resources you need to move quickly from prototype to production.