We had a significant rain event today that filled the rain barrel to overflowing. The barrel is not adequately sealed, so it was leaking down by the house. I worried that we might get some foundation leakage (we just moved to this house, and are a bit sensitive!), so I drained the barrel with a house out to the yard.
I will need to seal the barrel and test that it backs up to the downspout diverter like it's supposed to.
Ok I set things up temporarily outside to get a bit of light.
Panels connected in parallel
Panels connected to controller
Batteries connected in parallel
Batteries connected to controller
Really, it's not too hard.
And we have charging going on. It's not very sunny, and I am standing in front of the panels, so I'm sure that we can do better than .3A P(W) = I(A)× V(V) so P = 12V*.3A = 3.6W . We have 60W of panels, so I expect we will see more than that eventually.
Our potential should be I(A) = P(W)/ V(V) = 60W/12V = 5A. But reality should show less as there is loss for various solarific reasons.