close-circle
Close

Back on track

A project log for Project 72 - Korg DW-6000 wave memory expansion

An attempt to reverse engineer and modify Korg DW-6000s firmware in order to expand its wave memory.

mateusz.kolanski 09/19/2017 at 12:250 Comments

After over one month, DW6k is working again. Yay! Fortunately only the main CPU was broken and after quick (sorta) replacement, everything seems to work just fine. It took so long, because I have ordered the ICs from China and they stuck at customs.

The replacement took longer than I expected, mostly because I wanted to install the IC in a machined socket (you know, just in case), but I couldn't fit all the pins at once, so after more than one hour long struggle, I have soldered the chip directly to the PCB.

For safety's sake I have poured a ton of hot snot on all exposed mains connectors :)

After replacing the fuse I have connected the board to the PSU, powered it on and... success! It blinks again.

Another few moments later I have connected other boards and it looks like this lil one is tougher than I thought - works like back in the day.

More to come soon...

Discussions