So I suck at EagleCAD, lol. I made two different revisions of boards and they both had errors that made them unusable. I couldn't even hack them into a working condition. Plus I know there will be plenty of other problems and don't want to go down the route of second guessing myself the whole time on whether the board is actually doing what it's supposed to.
I kind of left this project for a while to go do simpler things in Eagle and maybe up my skills before trying again. I have made a few simple things, but I'm still not at the skill level I need to be. However, @sapir has a somewhat similar project: https://hackaday.io/project/7443-e-ink-display-adapter. I ordered one of his boards, as it's essentially a breakout board, and it just came in today:
I have some parts on order from Mouser to solder on. This weekend I'm going to work on getting the code to compile on the Pi. I'm going to update to the Pi Zero, but still debating on using the original or a W. The built-in wireless might be something not everyone wants, so we shall see. Either way, the code will be the same