Choosing a microcontroller for a project is a very tough decision. If you look for discussions about this matter you will find hundredths of pages with discussions, debates, argues, all of them with valid arguments claiming microprocessor x is better and yet none of them give enough substance to decide what's better.
I'll be more pragmatic and will start with the parts I have more quantities in my bins:
Then I'll check if they meet the requirements for this project:
- One external IRQ for the signal from distributor (points, hall sensor, etc)
- One I/O for driving the power transistor
- Two ADCs, one for the battery voltage and another for the Vaccum signal
- Two ADCs for potentiometer inputs (for tuning charge time and base delay)
- One USART for sending debug messages
Both will do!!
I'll need to get deeper into the project details before I decide.
Become a Hackaday.io Member
Create an account to leave a comment. Already have an account? Log In.