06/12/2018 at 16:39 •
Almost every problem we had we almost solved. We finished printing the parts of the hand and had some issues with some of the fingers so we had to put screws on to join the hand and the finger because we were out of time to print it again. We finally found a code that woked with the sensor, unfortunately our muscle sensor stopped working so we replaced it with a potentiometre just to show what the hand was supposed to do. We had to tweak some things and we finally finished our project. The hand is not perfect but we are happy with the result as the time we had to complete this project was very limited.
05/17/2018 at 10:07 •
Today, we're trying to print some parts of our prosthetic hand. We had some problems with the 3D Printer, and resolved them by downloading an other version of Cura (the software used to print).
ADVICE : take time because the printing can take up to 16 hours...
Also, we continued to test out the muscle sensor and the servo motor.
Tips : - Download an earlier version of the cura software if it doesn't work with your printer.
- Print the flexible parts if possible on a common "plate" and the hard part on another that way the printer doesn't mess up.
05/03/2018 at 09:59 •
Today we received the items necessary for our project. We started doing the programs that would enable the muscle sensor and the servo motor to work together. What we want to achieve is the motor being able to tighten the strings on the flexi-hand using the data from the muscle sensor.
We did research on the material needed for the hand and we found that the best is FilaFlex.
04/12/2018 at 09:32 •
After establishing our project on the first session, we had to make a list of things to buy for the project to work. We discovered that we had to make a lot of changes for our project to be realistic and makeable. We also had to stay under 2OO euros of purchase. And we added the idea of having a muscle sensor control the tightness of the strings making the hand grasp something.