I was able to get the functional description and code for the controller updated on GitHub. While I was at it I fixed a few items in the Arduino code that were bugging me. I went ahead and added the real time clock code for setting and checking the I2C to Git as well in case others use the same one as me downrange. That code is a pain to find.
Pretty happy where the project is at and I truly think this could be a really neat commercial product too. The price to produce this would be extremely low and I think the payback allowing students anywhere to learn any topic would be immense. I'm really excited about this one :)
Heres a shot from the functional flow: