Like the 2016 version, it supports speech output over the Emic-2 speech synthesizer. Please refer to the 2016 documentation for further details.
Note the following changes to the 2016 version:
- PGM programs are no longer stored in EEPROM, but in PROGMEM (hence, ignore all instructions in the 2016 documentation referring to a prior programming of the EEPROM, this is not necessary any longer).
- The 1 Hz clock signal is now properly implemented by means of a timer ISR.
- Speech output can be en/dis-abled. Default is off.
- Some bugfixes to the CPU emulation (e.g., SHR).
- HAL9000 quotes and Magic 8 Ball speech functions disabled.
- CPU throttling is now non-blocking, e.g.,
delayis not used in order to not slow down reactivity of the emulator.
- Increased speed.
- Code refactoring.
This compiled with the Arduino IDE Version 1.8.15 in January 2022.