See http://www.instructables.com/id/Wifi-Webradio-With-ESP8266-and-VS1053 for the description of the minimal prototype.
See the lcd +IR software's on Github AddOn
See some realizations of users at KaraDio
For more informations or questions, you can enter to the Karadio facebook group
KaRadio32 Release 1.9
Release 1.9 Rev 1 - Built on 2019/02/20
- 1.9 R1:
- Labels in the csv hardware configuration.
- Toggle main/time now permanent. On time display, an event go to the main screen for 3 seconds then return to time screen.
- More reactive display on lcd.
- Improved encoder for new chinese device (shorter pulses) (reverse A/B in case of reverse way)
- Better vs1053 detection.
- RSSI display needed a click of a button to start.
- AP mode on init: the web page starts on the "Setting" panel and the stations list is skipped.
- Wifi option: If wifi is disconnected choose to reset or wait for the connection on the same SSID:
- Command wifi.auto("x") with x = 0: reboot, x=1: wait for the SSID
- For internal reasons, the touch screen needs to be calibrated again.
- No more fall back to i2s when the vs1053 is not detected. - Many small improvements in the code.
KaRadio: Release 1.9
Release 1.9 R0 - Built on 2019/02/27
Use of the RTOS SDK 2.0.0
- Ram optimization
- New edit panel with play/stop control
- New volume control on web with Ctrl arrow keys
- New upgrade indication on telnet, serial and web
- Web page look changed (a bit),
- Added the TZO on the setting page
- Added the mDNS hostname on the setting page
For ESP32 see the github page KaRadio32. Release 1.6 R4
ESP8266 Simplest prototype:
- Optional external ram (23LCV1024) support (1:CS/=GPIO16 2:MISO=GPIO12 3:NC 4:GND 5:MOSI=GPIO13 6:SCK=GPIO14 7:GND 8:3.3v)
The optional led is now on GPIO2. The blue led on the ESP8266 is blinking at the same rate.
GPIO16 is now the Chip select for the external ram if any.
The external ram is detected at boot time if present.
To upgrade...Read more »