See http://www.instructables.com/id/Wifi-Webradio-With-ESP8266-and-VS1053 for the description of the minimal prototype.
See the lcd +IR software's on Github AddOn
See some realizations of users at KaraDio
For more informations or questions, you can enter to the Karadio facebook group
KaRadio32 Release 1.6
Release 1.6 Rev 4 - Built on 2019/01/08
- 1.6 R4:
- Web page look changed (a bit),
- A bug for the vs1053 removed,
- If IR keys are defined in csv, the default keys are ignored.
- 1.6 R3:
- Web update improved,
- Corrected: I2C crash when SDA or SCL = 255,
- Station name and genre on lcd was sometime not good,
- Rotary change when pushed was not working,
- A bug on error counter on stream reception was not resetted.
- Happy new year 2019.
- 1.6 R2:
- AAC decoding for wrover model (may be unstable),
- Treble for vs1053 corrected,
- Changed cpu speed to 240MHz for AAC,
- Little correction for color lcd.
- 1.6 R1:
- Optimized B/W code: more free heap,
- mDNS hostname setting added on the web interface.
- This release is the first one of a new generation.
- When an external sram is detected (like on a wrover esp32), the heap is now huge (4 GB),
- The first step: the reception buffer is now of more than 10 seconds,
- This release is compatible with the wroom and wrover esp32.
KaRadio: Release 1.7
R0 - Built on 2017/09/09
- 1.7: mDNS added, web command next and prev added. sys.host command added.
- 1.6.3: Correction for stations with the char & in path.
- 1.6.2: R4 ntp server changed.
- 1.6.2: R3 removes a bug on telnet which block the web display
- 1.6.2 Add of the rssi (Received Signal Strength Indication -30:best, -99:worst) at top right of the web page.
- 1.6.1: Click on header to rewind to the top of a page.
- Header stays on top of the web page
- gzipped html tranfert. More stable and improved speed
- The page content follows the header size.
For ESP32 see the github page KaRadio32. Release 1.6 R4
ESP8266 Simplest prototype:
- Optional external ram (23LCV1024) support (1:CS/=GPIO16 2:MISO=GPIO12 3:NC 4:GND 5:MOSI=GPIO13 6:SCK=GPIO14 7:GND 8:3.3v)
The optional led is now on GPIO2. The blue led on the ESP8266 is blinking at the same rate.
GPIO16 is now the Chip select for the external ram if any.
The external ram is detected at boot time if present.
To upgrade to this release, please flash user1.4096.new.4.bin at 0x1000 ,
user2.4096.new.4.bin at 0X81000 and blank.bin at 0x7e000 & 0x3fe000
After that, all next updates are done with the On The Air (OTA) feature.
New binaries are hosted at http://karadio.karawin.fr .
Loading the esp8266
- https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/bin/boot_v1.5.bin at 0x0000