See http://www.instructables.com/id/Wifi-Webradio-With-ESP8266-and-VS1053 for the description of the minimal prototype.
See the lcd +IR software's on Github AddOn
See some realizations of users at KaraDio
For more informations or questions, you can enter to the Karadio facebook group
R0 - Built on 2017/12/27
- 1.6.3: Correction for stations with the char & in path.
- 1.6.2: R4 ntp server changed.
- 1.6.2: R3 removes a bug on telnet which block the web display
- 1.6.2 Add of the rssi (Received Signal Strength Indication -30:best, -99:worst) at top right of the web page.
- 1.6.1: Click on header to rewind to the top of a page.
- Header stays on top of the web page
- gzipped html tranfert. More stable and improved speed
- The page content follows the header size.
For ESP32 see the github page KaRadio32. Release 0.9 R6
ESP8266 Simplest prototype:
- Optional external ram (23LCV1024) support (1:CS/=GPIO16 2:MISO=GPIO12 3:NC 4:GND 5:MOSI=GPIO13 6:SCK=GPIO14 7:GND 8:3.3v)
The optional led is now on GPIO2. The blue led on the ESP8266 is blinking at the same rate.
GPIO16 is now the Chip select for the external ram if any.
The external ram is detected at boot time if present.
To upgrade to this release, please flash user1.4096.new.4.bin at 0x1000 ,
user2.4096.new.4.bin at 0X81000 and blank.bin at 0x7e000 & 0x3fe000
After that, all next updates are done with the On The Air (OTA) feature.
New binaries are hosted at http://karadio.karawin.fr .
Loading the esp8266
- https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/bin/boot_v1.5.bin at 0x0000
- https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/bin/upgrade/user1.4096.new.6.bin at 0x1000
- If the access point of your router is not known, the webradio initializes itself as an AP. Connect your wifi to the ssid "WifiWebRadio",
- Browse to 22.214.171.124 to display the page, got to "setting" "Wifi" and configure your ssid ap, the password if any, the wanted IP or use dhcp if you know how to retrieve the dhcp given ip (terminal or scan of the network).
- In the gateway field, enter the ip address of your router.
- Validate. The equipment restart to the new configuration. Connect your wifi to your AP and browse to the ip given in configuration.
- Congratulation, you can edit your own station list. Don't forget to save your stations list in case of problem or for new equipments.
- if the AP is already know by the esp8266, the default ip at the first start is 192.168.1.254
- a sample of stations list is on https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/WebStations.txt . Can be uploaded via the web page.
Please tell me if you succeeded or something more can be done, thanks.
The second step will add some hardware buttons (vol + -, station + -, play ...)
From ESP8266_ESP12( 3.3 v) or nodeMCU(5v) to VS1053 (5 v)
CH_PD to 3.3v
GPIO16 (a 1Hz output)
D5:GPIO14 to VS1053 SCK
D6:GPIO12 to VS1053 MISO