See http://www.instructables.com/id/Wifi-Webradio-With-ESP8266-and-VS1053 for the description of the minimal prototype.
See the lcd +IR software's on the Setting panel of the webradio
For more informations or questions, you can enter to the Karadio facebook group
Release 1.1.5New features:
- Modification of the list of uart command. See uart and html interfaces
- New IR and LCD software
- Autoplay corrected
- Many bugs removed thanks to users feedback's.
- Now 2 AP's can be set. The second one will be tested if the first is not detected.
- The Mac address of the radio is displayed
- An offset volume can be set for each station in Station editor.
- Added: a reset button for the equalizer
- Pb on Autostart not correctly checked: corrected
- New html command: instant="http://your url"
- The path of a station can now include some & parameters.
-- Uart command list now can take a parameter: the number of the station to display.
.If no parameter, the complete list is sent.
- New wake and sleep features. Two modes: Time mode: "hh:mm" to wake or sleep at a given hour, or the delay mode "mm".
- Many minors html adjustments.
- The user agent for http request can be set for some special streams.Example: http://pcradio.ru/player/listradio/pcradio_ru.xml
which need a user agent= pcradio.
This pcradio user agent is already implemented automatically in the code when a pcradio station is encountered.
- Drag an drop on the stations list: rearrange the list by dragging a line to another one. Save the change when asked.
- Themes toggle between light blue and dark marron theme with a click on the logo.
- Sleep mode to stop the play after a delay.
- Functions on the web page are optimized.
- Many minor improvements on the code and the web page.
- New uart interface command: cli.uart("x")
With x the uart baudrate at the next reset and permanently.
List of valid baudrate: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600, 76880, 115200, 230400
The command will reply with
##CLI.UART= 115200# on the next reset.
- New Station selection with number
- Stations management in one page
- abort button on station edition.
- New html interface. Can receive basic commands (play, stop, volume from wget or browser)
- New I2S external DAC interface on the vs1053. The I2S is enabled by default to 48kHz. To change the speed permanently use the uart interface with the command :
cli.i2s("x") with x =0 for 48kHz, x=1 for 96kHz and x=2 for 192kHz
The i2s interface is available on the alientek vs1053 with i2s_sclk on SCLK (GPIO16), i2s_sdata on SDIN (GPIO07), i2s_mclk on MCLK (GPIO05), i2s_lrout on LRCK (GPIO04).
- New Autostart: If autoplay is checked on the web interface, the current station is started at power on even with no web browser.
- Optional external ram (23LCV1024) support (1:CS/=GPIO16 2:MISO=GPIO12 3:NC 4:GND 5:MOSI=GPIO13 6:SCK=GPIO14 7:GND 8:3.3v)
The optional led is now on GPIO2. The blue led on the ESP8266 is blinking at the same rate.
GPIO16 is now the Chip select for the external ram if any.
The external ram is detected at boot time if present.
To upgrade to this release, please flash user1.4096.new.4.bin at 0x1000 ,
user2.4096.new.4.bin at 0X81000 and blank.bin at 0x7e000 & 0x3fe000
After that, all next updates are done with the On The Air (OTA) feature.
New binaries are hosted at http://karadio.karawin.fr .
- https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/bin/boot_v1.5.bin at 0x0000
- https://github.com/karawin/Ka-Radio/blob/master/ESP8266-Firmware/bin/upgrade/user1.4096.new.6.bin at 0x1000
- If the access point of your router is not known, the webradio initializes itself as an AP. Connect your wifi to the ssid "WifiWebRadio",
- Browse to 126.96.36.199 to display the page, got to "setting" "Wifi" and configure your ssid ap, the password...