Close

A bit about blue prints and costings.

A project log for Egor V.2 Robo-Animatronic

An intelligent adaptive automated robotic system

Carl StrathearnCarl Strathearn 05/27/2016 at 23:590 Comments

Over the next few days I will be putting together some 2D diagrams to give you all a better understanding of how the different elements go together.

(Example)

The best thing about this project is that the set-up and mechanisms are very easy to put together and change out if problems such as servo failure ect occur. The main reason for this positioning is unlike my other project (Aldous), Egor was made for autonomous live entertainment and interaction. So ..for example, instead of using the standard 4 servo set up for the eye controls (two sets linked via splitters to function simultaneously), I only used two servos as it is easier to change out and identify issues with two servos rather than four. There is no 3D print technology used in Egor V.2, I have used 3D printing on my latest model but for the sake of opening this up to a wider audience and allowing access to those without this technology makes Egor V.2 accessible to all.

This process also brings the costing of the project down, as this was developed as part of my first degree I was pretty much broke most of the time. So I had to budget and prototype using materials I could get quickly and cheaply. I would say on the whole the project cost around £330 pounds to construct and develop over the course of a year. I hope it will cost you a lot less as I have done a lot of the prototyping of mechanisms and design for you and tried my best to get the best possible results using the materials I had at hand. . . this is not bad since it was valued by my university at £1,200 pounds after my final year exhibition in 2014. . . now it's time for you to put your stamp on it and make it yours.

Discussions