The key thing is that a SelfieBot is a movable mount for a smart device.
The good thing is that all of the SelfieBot’s parts can be purchased on Amazon or Ebay and the assembling process is every easy. Simply follow Endurance’s step-by-step instructions, and you can quickly create your own SelfieBot robot, improve it, and even share it with others. We are looking forward to create a SelfieBot community!
Some discussions groups with discussions are here:
Developing a SelfieBot will not require a lot of time or special knowledge. We tried to make the tutorial as simple as possible and we are keep improving it.
We provide everyone with the following items:
- A CAD scheme
- STL files for 3D-printing
- The firmware for Arduino
- An APK file for Android
- A list of all the parts that you need to build your own robot.
Should be enough for a quick start.
Key features of the SelfieBot:
- Turns your mobile device and tracks the faces using Google API and our application.
- Can be controlled remotely and allows you to rotate on two separate axes.
- The DIY SelfieBot can be used to help improve your skills in robotics by providing you the opportunity to create your own robot based on the SelfieBot foundation.
Current beta features which we plan to have finalized in the near future:
- IOS / Windows support
- IR tracking system.
- Wireless charging.
- Additional external battery bank
- Motion sensoring
- Voice control systems
Our mission is to educate and encourage students and others by creating a friendly robotics network and to empower them by providing the skills necessary to create and develop their own robots that will help people in the field of Education.
Hobbyists and students are welcome to join us: Improve your skills, knowledge and gain more experience by teaming with Endurance and our DIY SelfieBot.
Useful slide decks:
Together we will move the robotic industry forward!
As soon as we do it for free any donations are welcome on our official page:
Phone : +1.239.302.00.53 (from 8AM till 8PM eastern time)--George I Fomitchev
Partner @ EnduranceRobots.com