Today I started testing LiFePO4 battery. I had the idea of using LiFePO4 battery for few months. Now I just received the shipment early this week.
Few benefits use LiFePO4 battery:
- Can use LiFePO4 battery directly power MCU, without LDO or buck converter. LiFePO4 battery discharge at 3.2V. This is huge for ultra-low power applications that average 3-15 uA. Even the really good LDO still consume 2-5 uA when MCU is sleep.
- Better high temperature performance.
- Long life, 2,000 charge/discharge cycles
- Large overcharge tolerance and safer performance
- Simplified battery management system and battery charger