Okay I'm sorry for being quiet for three freaking months. I had holidays, traveled a bit and also ... my lovely turbo-charged 5-cylinder engine.. broke. Right after arriving home form 3000km road-trip. I parked the car and engine broke. What a luck. Could be worse. It drunk 2.5 liters of oil in 3000km trip, spitted all the oil around engine bay and MAF sensor retired. Long story short, after new PCV system and MAF installed, lot of gaskets replaced, new engine oil poured in, ATF replaced, 10hours of work and 1000USD lighter I can finally get back to work on this project.
- PCBs for Audio AUX arrived
- VIDA / DiCE arrived
- FW for STM32 got finished (v1.0)
- HW for Audio AUX being finished
That's right. PCBs arrived. Don¨t know what to say about these. Maybe some schematic would be nice. But I don't have that. To be more correct ... I have messy one and I don't fell like fixing that mess because function over beauty. I might draw a new one actually. But I'll provide gerber-file for PCB for sure. Here are few photos of PCB.
Here is whole pack of PCBs. You know what is really nice? When you order 10 of them and you get 11 boards actually! So that is there 10% sale that manufacturer advertised. Not 10% off the price, but 10% more of product. I like that. 2.36USD per PCB. I really really like that.
2. VIDA / DiCE
I order VIDA / DiCE set for Volvo to get more intimate with car. I currently fighting with Vida to work. Guys that had honor with Vida will know the pain. For now I can only say I really fancy DiCE. Long cables, solid durable constriction and nice stickers on top and bottom. Hope I can say more, when I get this scan-tool working.
3. FW for STM32
I was able to finish SW for STM32 that will handle audio AUX. Currently it can fool HU-unit to think that CD changer is installed, switch between two or four inputs and send commands (Play / Pause / Vol + / Vol -) into Android-phone. Here is little demonstration in my short youtube video. I speak Czech there, but you will learn Czech really fast. I mean you will understand what I'm talking about from demo as I'm not saying anything that is not presented on video. There is no important information that is not written somewhere here.
4. HW for AUX ECU being finished
I'm getting HW finisihed quite soon. I had troubles with sound quality that can be noticed in video above, but resolution was easy. I put TDA1308 between HU-unit and my AUX ECU and problem was gone. I guess issue was that signal from the phone was low enough to be disrupted by MELBUS communication. Small headphone preamp solved it.
And that's all the news for now. I hope to complete first out of 10 AUX ECUs. I'm so close to get AUX over cable finished. Next stop is bluetooh!