Close

A lot of things

A project log for MOLBED Modular Low cost Braille Electronic Display

A project that I started in 2014, aimed to develop a low cost and modular refreshable Braille system

MadaeonMadaeon 09/30/2016 at 15:200 Comments

The testing characters are now working well; finding the perfect balance is still under progress, and a lot of optimization of the pins can be done. I have redesigned the character PCB, with smaller pads for easier soldering of the enameled copper wires.

I have made 3 different testing boards, designed as Arduino Uno Shields, for easy testing of the characters. Two of them have a small embedded Oled display for showing the corresponding letter and debugging. I even designed a 3d modeled cover for it ;)

In the meanwhile, I wanted to try different materials. Have the 3d printed parts made in castable resin and casted them in brass, the look is certainly more professional!

And a character made with the new black Character PCB and these parts:

Discussions