Project to replace the PSone main board with a Raspberry Pi.
After the Mega Pi Project I was looking at doing another retro type Raspberry Pi project. Initially I was planning to do a full conversion of an N64 however after a few emulator performance tests I decided against it.
Still itching for another retro project I set my sights on the PSone. Emulator performance in Retro Pie was good and after looking at various pin outs for the ports I decided it was possible and went ahead with purchasing the parts required.
First step was to test the controllers by wiring them up to the Raspberry Pi GPIO:Read more »