So here are the general elements of the project:
1. Sensors - This includes selecting sensors as well as the drivers for managing and communicating with the sensors.
2. Software - The software management will be put together in a simple and modular way to interact with the sensors and to identify general shortcomings.
3. CAD - This is an ongoing process for the physical parts of different elements of the system.
4. Database (future) - If people are into this project, there will be an opportunity to set up a database for collecting and displaying user acquired data.
1. General design - I need to decide what sensors I want to include in the first iteration. This is a pen and paper approach. I'll select basic components and sketch general outlines.
2. Order parts - I'll order the basic parts needed to prototype and test after design.
3. Software - Create software interface for the different elements for testing and development.
3. First prototype - Cram everything into an off the shelf case and see how it feels to use
4. CAD - Start refining the 3D models of the system for 3D printing/purchasing/assembly.
5. Order/assemble parts - Finalize and order parts then test fits and functionality
6. Refine! - Improve issues, add new features, etc. etc.