I have been always interested in making this piece of nice radio from Miguel PY2OHH, but didn't wanted to make it on bareboard, so I developed an open-source PCB for it and made some adjustments that I wanted in the project.
- Three Bands, so I doesn't need to choose just one.
- RF Switchs, an upgrade from glue logic 4053
- Pin-diodes to switch between bands
- Commercial 4:1 baluns (everyone make a mess trying to make them)
- 4 layer board with 50ohm traces.
- 78L05 instead of Zeners.
- Commercial 0603 Ferrite Beads instead of 100ohm resistors to achieve a better separation between stages.
This project only contains the SSB Generator part. You need to choose a power amplifier and a VFO. I recommend using the AD9850 module with this as a VFO.
Github Repo with every single piece of documentation you need to build this: