With most of the software worries out of the way I started to do some more work on the case.
I designed a bracket to hold the board in place and printed it on my 3D printer. STL file is added to the project. I also made some standoffs to hold the front panel PCB in place. But no concrete front panel design yet. I want to break out the 40-pin GPIO header and a USB port to the front as well as power and SD status LEDs. A wifi status LED would be cool too if I can figure out how.
I also hacked the OPI board a little. I desoldered the single USB port and replaced it with a cheap $1 4-port USB hub that I want to bring to the back of the case to connect keyboard and mouse.