The following is a list of all things that I plan on doing to my truck.
- Replace stock horn with This.
Replace glass pack mufflers with Thrush Turbo mufflers. (Done, you can hear your self think now.)
- Grease window crank mechanisms.(Done, no more broken wrists.)
New rear tires.(Done. Replaced with Mickey Thompson Baja STZ as the rear tires were dry rotted.)
- Properly mount mufflers and run full length exhaust pipes with hangers.
Tune air to fuel ratio of Edelbrock 1406 carburetor. Adjust carb float level. Buy fuel pressure gauge. Install fuel pressure gauge.
- Buy fuel pressure sending unit.
- Install fuel pressure sending unit.
Add fuel pressure regulator or replace fuel pump with adjustable model. Set fuel pressure to 5.25PSI for the Edelbrock 1406 carb.
- Replace coolant temperature gauge/sending unit.
- Add transmission temperature gauge/sending unit.
- Add transmission fluid pressure gauge/sending unit.
Change transmission fluid, gasket, and filter. Mount gauge cluster that is currently laying on the floor.
- Install coolant heater for winter use.
Replace ignition coil with this beast.
- Replace rear u-joint. Already have the part, just need to do it.
Grease both new u-joints.
- Wire, adjust electric choke.
- Seal giant round holes in firewall.
- Seal rust holes in floor until pans are replaced.
Re-wire the 12 volt outlet for use with AC transformer.
- Check and replace any blown fuses.
Buy spare fuse set.
- Replace turn signal relay before it fails, keep old as spare.
- Replace rusted floor pans: This
- Add insulation to floor pans.
- Install carpet.
- Add floor mats to stop early death of new carpet.
- Clean and paint interior door panels.
- Buy interior door panel mounting hardware:
- Install interior door panels.
- Cover stripped dash panel.
- Replace fuel pickups in both tanks.
- Replace all original fuel lines before they fail.
- Relocate fuel pump.
- Buy spare fuel pump to keep in cab.
Take many pictures of truck, upload on here.
- Replace both window seals.
- Replace old door seals.
- Replace vent window hardware: Right Side and Left Side.
- Buy new spark plugs.
- Install new spark plugs.
- Buy pressurized coolant overflow tank Here.
- Buy proper coolant overflow tank hoses.
- Install coolant overflow tank.
- Clean steering wheel.
- Fix headlight adjustment screw mechanism.
- Adjust headlight angle.
- Find, buy replacement trim for entire truck.
- Replace vent window seals.
- Replace front brakes: Right Rotor, Left Rotor, and pads.
- Buy new brake booster and
master cylinder: This.
- Replace parking brake cable:
Install smaller belt to fix electrical problems caused by loose belt on alternator.
- Replace alternator bracket with correct version.
- Get proper length carb stud and flip the air cleaner cap over the right way.
- Bolt the dipstick tube to the engine block like it should be.
- Buy new wiper motor assembly.
- Install new wiper motor assembly.
- Replace intake manifold gasket and seal properly.
- Replace head gaskets, as the old stuff was not scraped from the heads when the motor was put together.
- Replace air filter with lifetime filter, such as one from Summit Racing or Spectre.
Put a proper breather on the valve cover.
- Reroute all wires under the hood.
Remove unused aftermarket radio wiring from behind dash. Re-wire the ignition coil.
- Re-wire the fuel pump.
- Buy power steering bracket.
- Buy power steering belt.
- Install power steering bracket.
- Install power steering pump.
- Buy spare belts to keep in cab.
Replace water in radiator with coolant for winter. Re-attach window washer fluid bottle to engine bay.
- Determine distance fan needs to move towards the radiator.
- Buy appropriate fan spacer kit, and new studs, if needed.
- Install new fan spacer stuff.
- Determine proper mechanical advance springs for the distributor.
- Install proper mechanical advance springs in distributor.
- Have timing set.
Buy new carburetor: This one.
- Dig out old Quadrajet carbs, determine models, determine if worth rebuilding.