1How to use Knit_Generator
- Open Knit_Generator.exe.
- Press Space to load an image (.png, .jpg, .bmp should work).
- Position the part of the image you want converted inside the circle using the arrow keys to move it and 1 & 2 to scale it.
- Set the number of hooks, radius of the circle (bigger = more accurate but slower calculation), number of lines and contrast (contrast is inverse, higher number will create a flatter image).
- Press Enter to start the calculation (takes a couple of seconds to initalize).
- Pressing D during the calculation switches the drawing of the lines on and off. Can be used as a preview, but will slow down the calculations extremely if left on.
- When finished, press S to export the generated image as an .ini file containing the instructions for assembly.
2How to use Knit_Instructor
- Open Knit_Instructor.exe.
- Press O to open a previously generted ini file.
- A single line will be displayed at a time, with the instructions from and to which hook to connect the string.
- Cycle through the steps with Enter and Backspace.
- Use J if you want to jump to a specific step.
- Use T to toggle the Image on and off.