In 2013, a large flood caused one of my cars to be trapped in an underground garage. FEMA condemned the building and after 2 months of pumping out water, I retrieved my car. With no payout from my vehicle storage insurance, I decided to part out the car. The crown jewel, the speaker system.
After removal, I cleaned up the exterior of all components. I then disassembled, and baked the boards at a high temp. A bit of solder touch-up and reapplication of heat-sinking compounds. To my surprise, all of the speakers and amplifiers worked.
Stage 1: Without much concern to acoustics, I designed a horrible box and put the speakers inside.
Stage 2: The large current draw required super-capacitance to stabilize draw from the 120VAC to 12VDC 120A & 36A switching regulators taken from rack mount servers.
Stage 3: Redesign of the enclosure to self contain all items in a portable manner with proper concern to acoustic parameters. Currently fabricating this enclosure from the model he