- First a server running Blynk to forward messages from the app to the Arduino microcontroller.
- Smartphone, I'll be using an Android phone. Use the Blynk HTTP RESTful API.
- An Arduino compatible board, I'll use the Huzzah again, with the Blynk library.
What about the app?
- Controlling a device attached to the board
- Monitoring a sensor attached to the board
- Logging activity on the smartphone and displaying on the board
Generally something along those lines, if you have any ideas please let me know!