- make a standard platform for prototyping with Attiny's.
- make the boards and programmers layout so simple they can be made from simple veroboards with a cheap solderingiron
- unlimited(*cough*) shield stacking
- no need to fabricate pcb to make shields, make shields from veroboard
- almost smallest possible outline
- all chips pins are transparent through all stacked shields, unless of course shields are made to prohibit that.
I will continue this by making some stuff using the concept but for now I am way to busy with my new 3D printer which will also be used to printing casing and supports.