My goal is to gather some people that will/want to build, use and improve the project. I've spent over 3 months working on the Cad3D part (SolidWorks) of the project to make parts simple to print and simple for makers to assembly. The most of those 3 months was a the path of math, symmetry, mechanics... and off course... aggressive wife :P Then had to spent some time working on some modifications to Smoothieware firmware and hardware just to suit the system. After that been studying how printer moves in slo-mo to further improve the config and mechanics. After building & testing several machine variations, got to a place where the machine just after proper setup and calibration works without ANY failure within last several months.
Right now the system runs klipper firmware because of integrated pressure_advanced function that helps achieving better print quality and speed.
In addition klipper can run on multi-MCU configurations. With this function (and 2x Sunbeam2.0 boards) my system can handle up to 10 steppers, 6 endstops, 6 heaters and a lot of other stuff.
My main goal for the system was to print with speed and quality parameters equal or beyond the market systems at under 1000 euro price tag.
- build plate 250 x 245 x 300 mm ( X x Y x Z )
- Klipper firmware running on 1.8GHz octa-core arm platform
- 2x 32bit Smoothieboard for smooth motion (one for printer and one for diy MMU2.0)
- e3d volcano hotend with hartened steel 0.4mm nozzle
- integrated 5 slot single nozzle multi color/material support
- automatic nozzle cleaner
- auto-remove function for purged material when color/material change
- Pressure advanced for fast extrusion and nice corners
- TMC2208 silent stepper drivers - spread cycle setup with step interpolarisation 1/256
- geared (3:1) direct drive extuder with Bondtech dual drive gears(simpler and more reliable printing then bowden)
- max speed up to 300mm/s
- heated build plate with PET film surface for superb material adhesion
- support of multiple filament types (PLA, PET, TPU)
- filament run-out sensor
- coreXY with proper belt alignment for hi-torque and stiffness
- hi-flow 24V 50W hotend setup for fast printing
- all axis with 2x higher mechanical resolution at same step rate (0.9deg 1/8 step = 1.8deg 1/16 step)
- one motor doubble z-axis (no shaft sync problems)
- all axis motors mounted at bottom of printer to lower the center of gravity
- all of non-printed parts was selected to be worldwide available and have reasonable price to quality ratio.
- automatic parts removal ( if got time or need for this add on to work - i've designed it and printed just waiting for software )
ALL PROJECT FILES MOVED TO GITHUB
( .stl renders, firmware and configuration files )
- test mechaduino board as extruder driver
- add enclosure files prepared for laser cutting
- find quiet print cooling fans replacement
- enclosure over-temperature control
- apr addon tests and firmware development for batch 3d printing
- diy heatbed for protoDEV build instructions
- user friendly build instruction
- firmware/software manual
- BOM for all non-printed parts