So this is where the fun begins. Design all the electronics of 4B on a 36*36mm pcb. To do so I needed to narrow down the number of components to the bare minimum. And these are the main modules:
- MCU integrated with BLE Module
- 9-axis IMU
- Proximity Sensor for z-axis control
- Connectors for the servo-motors
- 3.3V LDO voltage regulator
- USB LiPo battery charger
The MCU will be responsible:
- Bluetooth communication
- Reading data from the IMU and proximity sensor on the I2C bus.
- Calculating the inverse kinematic equations to actuate the robot kinematic chain
- Setting out 12 PWM waveforms to the servo-motors
That's a bit too much to handle for one MCU, but given the available space on the board it has to work.