Every one is aware of climat change and is, for most of us, willing to act for the conservation of Earth. So we have to teach even to the youngest of us the ways to counter the climat change. And that's why we decided to create an initiation to the french waste recycling.
So that's why we decided to create a game to introduce kids to waste recycling. The game is composed by a bin and wastes that have sensors. This game was created for presentations in school so that kids y’a play just 1 or 2 times.
The goal of the game is to put the right waste in the good bin. So the bin is going to ask for exemple "Put a waste that goes in the yellow bin", if the player put a good waste, he win one point. If he does not, he won’t win anything. The player has 5 chances to have the maximum of the points. Finally if the player has between 3 and 4 points, he wins a candy and if he has 5 points, he wins a toy.
On the first day at the CRI, we started initially with the idea to build an autamated waste sorting machine. But they were too much difficulties, so we adapt and decided to make a game for kids, to help them to understand the recycling in France.
Basically our idea is to have a set of trash, the kid pick one of them and he has to put the trash in The BigBin. The trash is scan, then the kid has to push a button of 3 differents colors (which represents the 3 french bins). If the kid guess correctly a green led light up if not a red light up.
On the first day at the CRI, we basically came out with the idea of the BigBin proejct, and started to make a list of components.
Next session, we received all the components that we asked, and started to look online, and found a video on Youtube, this video gave us a solid idea on how to use the RFID items with arduino.
But, even by checking online we couldn't make the LCD screen work correctly, we basically spend the whole 3 hours to try to fix it.
On day 4 we manage to make the LCD screen work and received a new RFID Reader since the other one broke during soldering. We also tried to make LED work seperatly from the project
On day 5, we manage to make everything work perfectly except for the LED that we won't use anymore in this project. Here is the nearly finished code: