So I tried the setup during day time with thermal paste. And I am making power! It's not much power though. It's defiantly in the energy harvesting range of power output.
This is a picture with my multimeter disconnected.
Here is a side view of the setup.
When the sun started to go down my voltage went down to 0.034 volts. I think this is due to a drop in ambient temp. I also checked the current and I was making about 1.5 miliamps short circuit. This means I'm making about 50 micro amps. Another note, I flipped the TEG over to see if it preferred one side to be the hot side but it didn't matter.