Close

all five are ready and code is almost done

A project log for Guerra de Robots (robots war) official Badge

My first attempt to make a badge, for an upcoming event of robotics in my college. each year should be one brand new ;)

RRichmondRRichmond 08/20/2018 at 04:190 Comments

so in the last two weeks, I didn't have time to update, sorry, but I did, in fact, work on the project.
so the first 5 Badges are ready to go, are assembled and all peripheral are go.
the programming also is cool, I tried to use the Arduino built-in instruction ShifOut, but soon I realized it's impractical and time-consuming for this project (also it consumes a heck lot of memory, like a real ton).
so i decided to implement my own library for the 595 shift register and it works awesome.
one function displays a certain pattern, 16bit long in case you want to play around it and optimize it.
the other one displays patterns, you only need to define the array (resembling the matrix) and you're good to go.

the Input library was easy, the last part is the IR Sony protocol, i didn't have much time to code it, yet.

but i think that in a couple days i'll have that too, then it'll be just a matter of optimizing and creating more examples with the code :D

Discussions