I resisted for a long time, but when three more color versions of the big 60x60mm LED matrix arrived, I gave up and designed a PCB for them. You might recall that I already experimented with them before, a few logs ago, just connecting them with wires. Now I prepared a proper PCB:
I switched to silicon buttons, like in the #µGame, and a bigger through-hole power switch. Also, the battery holder is now on the front side (so the whole thing is thinner) and uses inline configuration of the batteries. There are also two prototyping areas on the sides, and two large holes for a lanyard if you wanted to use it as a badge of some sort. The back side is clear (except for the prototyping areas, of course).
I ordered the PCBs from @Elecrow this time, and they have already fabricated and sent it to me, now I'm just waiting for it to reach me: