I tested the single leg assembly with a simple walking gait and the results are quite encouraging. As you can see in the video below, the leg assembly easily traverses flat terrain, and with a small change in gait it was possible to also negotiate basic obstacles to a sufficient degree.
As you will notice in the video I've replaced the hinge joints with elastic joints 3D printed in TPU. This gives a stiffer construction overall and also incorporates pre-loading in the elastic joints (in contrast to requiring an additional elastic band or spring).
At this point the design of the leg is nearing completion. Next I will be focusing on the design of the chassis, the electronics board and integration. Stay tuned!