This project is nearing it's end. I've completed the quadruped and tested it in quite challenging conditions, and I'm happy to report that it performs more or less as I expected it to. I've written an extensive post in my blog discussing several performance aspects and issues I've encountered.
Building this robot has been a great learning experience for me and I hope to make use what I've learned in future robotics builds.
I AM planning to release design files and code for this project, but it will happen at a later time. It's just that I really don't have any time to spare in putting everything in the correct order.
Thanks all for being a part of this project!